Appetizer For Ted Allen
Antipasto of asian and italian Bits
1 Tablespoon pistachio
2 Tablespoons rice wine vinegar
3 Tablespoons grapeseed oil
1 stalk celery (cut on bias)
1 quarter of grannysmith apple ( Fine Julienne)
4 Tablespoons jicama (Julienne)
3 pieces of asparagus
1 piece of brie cheese
1 lemon zested
oil and salt & pepper as needed
3 pieces cauliflower
1/4 sherry vinegar
3 Tablespoons sugar
For the asian salad
1. In a bowl add the rice, vinegar and slowly add oil. Season with salt
2. Toss the vegetables and fruit in the same bowl.
For the asparagus and chesse
1. Cut the ends of the asparagus and blanch in water.
2. Then zest lemon, toss asparagus with oil, zest and salt and pepper and grill
3. When plating, place the cheese on top of warm asparagus.
For the sherry syrup
1. Place sugar and vinegar in a small pot till syrup consistency
For the cauliflower
1. Heat water with salt and pepper and blanch .